Be Still My Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hi Friends! Did you know it's absolutely free to post topics and comment on various discussions within our community? All we require is for you to Register so that we can count you as one of our community members. Just scroll to the top of the page and find the Register Link! Many people can learn from your wealth of wisdom.

Go down
Liza's Mom
Participation Score : 9

Lockdown is triggering my anxiety Empty Lockdown is triggering my anxiety

on Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:52 pm
I feel so lonely and sad most times. I have a daughter and I know I should be strong for her but sometimes its overwhelming being a young mom with no support from your family. I spend nights crying and praying that I get stronger for her. She sometimes looks at me and kisses my forehead and hugs me, shes the sweetest baby ever and i dont want her to see me emotionally unstable.
You see i stay with my aunt and she has never accepted my Daughter. She treats her differently and it hurts. I, on the other hand have to take care of her grandchildren when shes not around and give them my undivided attention. I love children and I'm always surrounded by them and have such positive vibes. I'm doing my second year at UNISA and I would really like to move out next year. I really feel like I'm burden in my aunts house and i that i don't give my child enough attention. I never sleep and I always feel under stress when I'm in this house. I feel like I'm not supposed to be here. And will never do anything to make my aunt proud of me. Shes just so blunt and mean but I still try my best to do good to her. I just pray that God gives me strength to carry on with my child. To stay strong and to give love. I pray that he helps me out of my dark path and helps me with my anxiety.
Toby92
Toby92
Participation Score : 28

Lockdown is triggering my anxiety Empty Re: Lockdown is triggering my anxiety

on Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:29 pm
I hear you sis and I can imagine how uncomfortable it is living there. First of all, thank you for being such a loving mother to your daughter and choosing to raise her! She will be eternally grateful to you for that. Do you have a stable place to move to next year? As for your aunt, unfortunately we can't change people, she's probably full of bitterness from her own life experiences. You on the other hand need to strengthen your mind so that her words, behaviours and cold attitude does not offend you. Keep reminding yourself WHY you are studying and the life you intend on building for your daughter. That vision needs to constantly stay in your mind. Don't be distracted by evil people. Focus on the destiny you are chasing! Your mind is your biggest asset, don't let people pollute it with hatred.
Be Still My Friend
Be Still My Friend
Admin
Participation Score : 18

on Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:34 am
When we find ourselves in stressful environments (similar to the one you are mentioning) it is so important to remember that we cannot control every single factor within our environment. So for instance, you have control over your studies and your child. You do not have control over your aunt or your living situation right now (this is only temporary, please don't give up). So for me, I would focus on putting my energy in what I know I can control so that it can give me strength to keep on pushing! Your child is a gift from God, I can tell how much joy she brings to you. This is beautiful flower she will forget how she was treated at your aunt's house but she willnever forget receiving your love and your affection! Your studies are also a great investment to your future so try and commit 100% to them (read extra books, make notes, study groups etc.). The more energy you place in the right things, the more empowered you will feel.
Liza's Mom
Participation Score : 9

on Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:52 pm
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it is very uncomfortable, unfortunately I haven't found a place just yet, I'm still looking into it and weighing my options.

Thank you so much. I will focus on myself, my daughter and studies. I will be more positive and will not allow bad energy, hatred and bad attitude distract me from @Bestillmyfriend thank you 🙏🏾❤i like when you said the more energy you place in the Right things, the more empowered you feel. I'll try doing that more often. I feel so encouraged Right now guys and I know I'll be in the right place when the time comes. Thank you thank you soooo much🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾I love you
Mother Teresa
Mother Teresa
Participation Score : 26

on Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:57 pm
I can imagine the loneliness you must feel because a lot of responsibility is on your shoulders plus there is no support in your home. I think the positive in this whole situation is that you will never put your happiness in someone else's control. That's going to save you from experiencing a lot of sh*t in the future.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum