Be Still My Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hi Friends! Did you know it's absolutely free to post topics and comment on various discussions within our community? All we require is for you to Register so that we can count you as one of our community members. Just scroll to the top of the page and find the Register Link! Many people can learn from your wealth of wisdom.

Go down
Toby92
Toby92
Participation Score : 28

Why have we abandoned traditional dating? *crying face* Empty Why have we abandoned traditional dating? *crying face*

Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:19 pm
I am so sad when I look at the dating scene nowadays. How are we supposed to get married when men don't want to be men and women don't want to be women. Yoh when did things get so real?? Men don't want to provide anymore, and women don't want to respect their men, take care of the home, nurture their children etc.
Mother Teresa
Mother Teresa
Participation Score : 26

Why have we abandoned traditional dating? *crying face* Empty Re: Why have we abandoned traditional dating? *crying face*

Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:17 pm
I can feel your frustration through my screen, so sorry sis 🙈🙈🙈. Okay so what do you mean by “men don’t want to provide”. What are your expectations for guys? (Genuinely curious)
Toby92
Toby92

Why have we abandoned traditional dating? *crying face* Empty Re: Why have we abandoned traditional dating? *crying face*

Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:41 pm
I see a lot of men abandoning their role as provider eg. it's difficult for them to contribute to taking care of their kids or even contributing to the household. There's this new expectation for women to be independent and not ask them for anything. So basically women are becoming both the provider and the one taking care of babies. That leads to us being the head of the house which is not how it was supposed to be (in my opinion). Women have to be both mother and father. Also I am not talking about those women who manipulate guys and use them for money, I am talking about those committed women in relationships who need help from their men and don't receive it.
Mother Teresa
Mother Teresa
Participation Score : 26

Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:53 pm
I have seen some of what you are saying but thankfully it's not every man that's like this. Also I feel like both genders are not sympathetic to each other. For instance, if a man has just started working and maybe he makes less than the woman, it is unfair for the woman to apply pressure on him being the breadwinner. Sometimes the job that a man has is temporary or not stable. This by itself causes them so much stress! I think personally before we apply the roles, we need to have a transparent conversation about our current life situation. We can't make impossible demands because that builds resentment.
Be Still My Friend
Be Still My Friend
Admin
Participation Score : 18

Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:10 pm
I hear your frustration [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Successful relationships are always the ones where there is partnership. This means that the rules or expectations in the relationship will be flexible and change depending on the factors you are exposed to. Employment is an important factor. A successful relationship would communicate openly about each person's ability and limits. There's a difference between a man who cannot afford to contribute and a man who does not want to contribute. I believe we need to support those who are still working hard to get to a place where they are able to take on more responsibility. We need to encourage them and put less pressure on them Smile Very Happy
Toby92
Toby92

Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:51 pm
@Mother Teresa if he just started working I understand and I fully support. I was speaking about those who can afford but still do not want to play a role in the relationship. But yes I agree there needs to be a partnership (I agree 100%). I do not bash guys, I actually respect them (just get annoyed when the ones who are able to provide choose not to).
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum