Be Still My Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hi Friends! Did you know it's absolutely free to post topics and comment on various discussions within our community? All we require is for you to Register so that we can count you as one of our community members. Just scroll to the top of the page and find the Register Link! Many people can learn from your wealth of wisdom.

Go down
Kim_Kanu
Kim_Kanu
Participation Score : 16

How does an emotionally sensitive person deal with stress? Empty How does an emotionally sensitive person deal with stress?

Tue May 05, 2020 7:35 pm
I’m emotionally sensitive which means I feel everything and I can easily pick up on people’s stress today or anxiety. It’s so draining to the point that I try not to have long conversations with people in case I get triggered by their emotions or stories 🙈🙈 This lockdown has been extra stressful because there’s fear everywhere on social media etc. Sometimes it gives me anxiety if I focus too much on it. Can anyone give me some advice on how to get through this time being highly sensitive??? I know about not watching too much news etc. I need to know what I can do personally to keep my mind healthy and balanced 💔
Mother Teresa
Mother Teresa
Participation Score : 26

How does an emotionally sensitive person deal with stress? Empty Re: How does an emotionally sensitive person deal with stress?

Wed May 06, 2020 3:20 pm
I’m also emotionally sensitive 🙌🏽 I pick up on everyone’s emotions easily. What helps me is to always have some time by myself because people can be so draining.
Toby92
Toby92
Participation Score : 28

How does an emotionally sensitive person deal with stress? Empty Re: How does an emotionally sensitive person deal with stress?

Thu May 07, 2020 4:58 pm
I recently started using a journal and I just write and write and write!! Anything that is triggering me, I write. Sometimes when I don’t have the courage to face someone, I just write down what I anted to say to them and yoh it works. Makes me feel so much calm and peace afterwards. Has anyone else done this before?
Kim_Kanu
Kim_Kanu

Fri May 08, 2020 9:39 pm
Mother Teresa it’s difficult to get time to myself where I’m staying but I do go sit outside for maybe 45 minutes and just sit on my phone or just chill. It helps. Toby92 I used to write poetry when I was younger to express myself but I stopped. I’m thinking of getting back into it.
Toby92
Toby92
Participation Score : 28

Sat May 09, 2020 1:21 pm
Wow yes please try get back into it 💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽
Sharon R
Participation Score : 3

Sun May 17, 2020 10:31 am
If you used to write poetry i would suggest you get back to it so that your mind would be kept busy by something you actually enjoy doing this helps you get away from being triggered by other people's stories
Fufu11
Participation Score : 11

Mon May 18, 2020 8:16 am
I write. Tear it up or burn it. I don't want people to read it
Mother Teresa
Mother Teresa
Participation Score : 26

Tue May 19, 2020 2:21 pm
I wish I loved writing *crying face*
Kim_Kanu
Kim_Kanu

Thu May 21, 2020 1:36 pm
Update: I’ve started writing again. It’s been going good. I was actually surprised at things that were coming up 🙈🙈 yes @Sharon_R it has kept me busy, I make time for it and it can take me 2-3 days to finish one poem. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I see what you mean but I think I’ll keep these ones so that at least 5 years from now I can track my development or just see how far I’ve come. Lol @Mother_Terrsa I’m sure you have other things you are gifted with doing 🔥

Thank you for the support guys, really appreciate it 😭♥
Fufu11
Participation Score : 11

Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:46 pm
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] How are you holding up ?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum